Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Beanfarmers and Merchants

Last night's boardgame night featured a special guest appearance by Al, filling in for Carl. We played two games. The first game was something of Genoa, Traders or Merchants or something like that. Good game, with enough variables to make my head spin. I managed a win but I don't know if I could repeat such a feat. The second game was the silly but fun Bohnanza, "bohn" being German for bean. I'd gladly play either game again, though I'm hoping that next time we can maybe play another game of Puerto Rico.

Today I took the day off. I spent a good deal of my time updating my info for the Mob War! mini-campaign. I'm hoping for a real rock'em sock'em time tomorrow night. I'm thinking about trying out a new house rule tomorrow night, just 'cause I can. I'm gonna give each player an extra bennie of a different color than the others. This bennie can only be spent on the rolls of other people. Want to save a buddy from certain fate? Throw your blue bennie his way. Want to make the bad guy reroll his soak roll or damage roll? Drop a blue bennie down on his ratsoup-eating no-business ass.

Earlier today I came up with an idea for a Justice League 5000 villain: The Kryptonian. This guy believes that the House of El should be ruling humanity with an iron fist in order to fufil the goal of 'protecting' it. Oh yeah, and the puny humans should all adopt Kryptonian language and culture ASAP. I imagine his outfit being a riff on the later versions of Jor-El's outfit. Though using the earlier green Jor-El uniform might be delightful as well. I think the Kryptonian could be easily played as a noble-but-misguided Magneto type. Or just as a no good sum of a batch.

No comments:

Post a Comment