Tuesday, September 28, 2004

JL5K: Roster

I want 6 players in my JL5K game.  I want a nice tight storyline so I am going to make exactly 6 PCs.  Despite the fact that neither gaming in general, con games or supers games seem to draw many ladies to the table, I think I am going to go with an even 50/50 mix of male and female characters (at least assuming Singularity Zero really has a gender).  Anyway, here's what I got so far:
  • The Supertwins (SuperLad and SuperLass)
  • Singularity Zero, bizarre posthuman from the far future
  • DeadLass, the ghost that haunts Mars
That leaves two slots open for male PCs.  Now the membership of the Justice League 5000 is bigger than just the PCs in the scenario, but not all of them are available.  The local Green Lantern has a whole sector of space to patrol, so he is not available for every JL5K mission.  The 51st century Flash-equivalent (I haven't settled on a name) is going to be kidnapped by the forces of evil in act one.  BatLass rarely leaves the asteroid belt, but her partner Robin may make a good comedic relief PC.  He's a cigar-smoking punk-rock midget with a bad attitude.  Unlike the normal image of the Robin character he's an adult, full-fledged member of the League.  Maybe Robin could be the person who stumbles into JL5K HQ to report that TachyonLass (or whatever) has been kidnapped.
 
Adding Robin to the PC list leaves me with one spot open.  I have two possibilities in mind.  The first is to use an established DC character who is either long-lived or a time-traveller.  Given his involvement in the DC One Million crossover, Resurrection Man might be an interesting choice.  Making Vandal Savage a good guy might also be a hoot.  Even a blackheart like Savage has to feel like being nice to people once in a while.  Or perhaps there is a good 30th century character I could use.  The other possibility is to use WonderLad.  When the Amazons left the Solar System WonderLad accepted the job of continuing the fight for peace so that no Amazon would have to remain behind.  I just don't know if I can use that character with a straight face.

No comments:

Post a Comment