Monday, September 06, 2004

Medieval Streetcars are Go!

My new regular game night was cancelled but Jim and his sons came over this afternoon. We played two games. The first was Streetcar from Mayfair, a tile-laying game with a little railroady theme. Fun game, but I suck at it. The second game of the day was new to me: Medieval by GMT. This is a cute little economics-and-war type cardgame with great production values and a nifty little cardmap of Europe. I actually won this one. I AM TEH WINNAR!!!!11111onelevene!!!!!! Frankly, good card pulls and lucky dice had more to do with my victory than did canny play, though I think I made a couple of smart moves. But I wouldn't be surprised if I got absolutely creamed on a second game of Medieval. Still, I'd play either game again. Streetcar has a nifty little hose-over-another-player mechanic to it that makes even last place a hoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment