Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Thomas Edison cover image

Seems someone took his sobriquet "The Wizard of Menlo Park" a little too seriously.
I cast magic missile at the darkness!
The funny thing is, if you were to crop out the magazine header this picture could be dropped into any of the 3 first edition AD&D corebooks and it would fit right in with the other illustrations. Even stylistically it looks a lot like the Sutherland and Darlene illos of the period. Which of course leads me to once again ask that eternal question "Who would win in a fight between Thomas Alva Edison and Emirikol the Chaotic?"

3 comments:

  1. Not too sure who would win. but my money's on Tesla to kick both their butts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are both awesome. After pressing the publich button I considered going back and working in a Tesla reference. It's nice to know you guys have my back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:14 PM

    I got your six, Jeff.

    ReplyDelete