Thursday, February 15, 2007

Demogorgon is awesome

Orcus gets a lot a play these days but my favorite canonical demon prince is definitely Demogorgon. Just look at this guy! A two-headed baboon with tentacles!

As part of their licensed AD&D line Minifigs, now long gone, did a figure very closely based upon this picture from the original Monster Manual.


Grenadier later produced this Demogorgon look-alike but called him Orcus for some unfathomable reason. The head is reptilian instead of baboonish, but it's still pretty neat-o. I have one of these I bought off the eBay, thinking I was getting the Minifig version. Here's a link to a nicely painted version of this figure.

The Aspect of Demogorgon from Wizard's plastic figure line. I like the concept of buying a prepainted Prince of Demons, but the sculpt is too thin and spindly, lacking the look of raw power in the earlier versions.

Reaper's Dark Heaven Legends line has a lot of great figures designed for D&D play. This fantastic fella is called the Demonic Lasher in their catalog. They like to file the serial numbers off, don't you know. On this page you can find a great painted version of this figure.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:46 PM

    Although I get guff from hardcore minis-hounds about it, I've said it before and I will say it again and again: I Love Reaper Miniatures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:37 PM

    Sorry to comment so long after the fact. I'm about as hardcore as they come, (You'd be hard-pressed to find someone who's been collecting longer, spent more, or knows more about minis than me.), and I love Reaper minis. The collection of pics of Demogorgon minis is nice.

    ReplyDelete