Wednesday, June 06, 2007

some RPG news

  • Star Wars Saga Edition is out and intitial reports are very favorable. This might be the Star Wars rpg that I actually A) buy and B) run.
  • According to a credible source at Citizens of the Imperium, Traveller 5 is not coming out this month as originally planned. Look for a beta release of some sort later this year. Based upon a few snippets of insider info, I'd say this delay is definitely for the best.
  • No sign on the horizon of Phil Reed completing his Four Color open FASERIP project. The last communication from him on the official message board is from May 19th, where he seems to indicate that he was almost done at that time. You got our money, Mr. Reed. Howzabout finishing up your end of the bargain? Pretty please?
  • Worldwide Adventure Writing Month seems to be going swimmingly, both in terms of general participation and the amount of work I've complete on my own adventure. It's not too late to jump on board!

7 comments:

  1. Woot on the Saga Edition. I'm thinking of picking that up to go with my vast horde of Star Wars Miniatures...I just rounded out a Jawa tribe to go with an excellent Jawa Sandcrawler map I picked up online. Now I just need to wrap an adventure around that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clearly those pesky Jawas have absconded with a robot in need of rescue. Perhaps the robot in question is carrying some sort of vital information?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What are these "robots" of which you speak? Are they anything like droids?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Similar, but robots stay crunchier in milk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the Saga Edition book at the FLGS yesterday. I didn't get much of a chance to flip through the pages, but I did find it really odd that they've forgone the usual book size in favor of a 9" square size. I guess so it fits in the Star Wars Minis box?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why is a T5 delay good, Jeff?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Because people in the know on Citizens keep saying things that indicate it's nowhere near done and hasn't been playtested at all. Things like not having decided upon a core resolution mechanic or starship construction system.

    ReplyDelete