Thursday, March 26, 2009

Cinder session #6...?


Oh, man. My daughter wanted to go swimming after work tonight and I am dead dog tired. Session report tomorrow. Meanwhile, here's a spellbook from an Arduin adventure that completely blew my mind the first time I stumbled upon it:
THE BOOK OF AEONS authored by Ardaemus himself. This huge tome (54" tall, 39" wide and 40" thick, weighing 150 lbs!) contains every spell in the Arduin Trilogy.
That emphasis on the end there is Hargrave's, not mine. Even he knew that thing was a completely over-the-top collection of spells.

6 comments:

  1. Jeff, Are those 4E books on the table there? Where's the evidence of some LL love besides your custom DM Screen? Sorry I just couldn't resist ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 4E?! Heresy!

    Though it appears the owner of said books is being "talked to" about it.

    :)

    Eagerly awaiting the recap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH NOES! My old school credibility is in jeopardy by the mere presence of those two books!

    My rulebook was in the original shot. I cropped the photo because the best shot I took was the first one of the evening and I hadn't noticed that the lense cap thingy hadn't opened all the way. You can still see some of the blocked area in the upper left corner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. *clatter clatter*
    Threat of orcs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Man, I can tell I've been playing OD&D. I converted those measurements into feet: 540 feet tall, 390 feet wide, and 400 feet thick. I thought it was like some sort of monumental tome that would require the strength of a dozen draft horses to turn a single page.

    Although I couldn't figure out why it would only weigh 150 lbs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see you have women playing in your group never gamed with woman. I should try it ( if i could find women role players)

    ReplyDelete